Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Book it...

Hi,

The challenge this week at My Paper Crafting's Crafting with Cutters challenge is to do something with a book. I teach high school so I thought I'd get a jump on graduation and incorporate that into my project for the week.

Our school colors are teal, black and gold (can you tell??). I cut the books at 3 1/4" from the Locker Talk cartridge. I've used that one for room decorations, passes and other things for school over the years, it's quite useful! I used Everyday Paper Dolls for the graduation cap. It was cut at 1 1/4" and I had to turn on the "real dial size" button to cut it at the true size. It's meant to cut it proportion to the doll so it would have been too small had I not hit that wonderful button on my Cricut. The paper is a variety of things I have picked up at Tuesday Morning, Hobby Lobby and Michael's. The stamp is also from a set I picked up at Tuesday Morning.I did use Stazon ink because the teal paper has a bit of a texture to it and I didn't want it to smudge. The books and hat are all on layers of foam tape to give the card some dimension.

Please join us this week and add your project to the link up at My Paper Crafting, and enjoy your crafty day!


5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous graduation card Lynn! I so love this idea in the school colors!! I will be lifting this idea for a grad card for sure!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, perfect graduation card! Love the stacked books with the grad cap on top! Perfect side borders to go with it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great graduation card!! I love the dimension you gave this card.

    ~Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a graduation card Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card. I love the books on the card. I have given you the Liebster award. Here is the link to the post http://www.craftingwithamy.com/2013/04/liebster-award-i-am-so-honored-thank.html

    ReplyDelete