Thursday, February 14, 2013

Getting Cricky - So Grapeful

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope everyone is having a great, or dare I say, grape day! Today is my day to post at Getting Cricky. I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day (oh the drama!!) so I am posting this very purple birthday card that I made for a friend whose birthday is today.



All of the die cuts are Spellbinders dies. I love the grapes, they came out so cute! It was the first time I used them and they cut and stenciled really well. I was looking through my stamps and found that great saying on the "Even More Food for Thought" set from K Andrew Designs. It reminded me that I had gotten this cute die set that I hadn't used yet, and voila, a birthday card was born!

The border across the center is a Martha Stewart punch. I used MS ink on the grapes and Memento Tuxedo black for the sentiment. It stamped really well. The little purple half-round cabochons are from my stash. I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I spritzed it with some purple  spray stuff that I made. It's very shiny in there;-) The plaid paper is from a DCWV adhesive matstack and the rest is from my stash. It's a regular A2 card.

Here is a picture of the stamps I used. There were still a couple of sets left when I looked. Check them out here

   "Even More Food" stamp set larger sheet in stock - Click Image to Close

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Lynn!! The grapes are so fun!! I love the design!! I was going to wish you a happy Valentine's Day but since you aren't a fan, I'll just wish you a happy day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute!!

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete