Thursday, January 3, 2013

Getting Cricky


Happy New Year!!

Welcome to my first Getting Cricky post for 2013!! I am excited to continue on this journey with Kristal and her stamps.

I made these altered books for the ladies in my Wednesday book group. It's a rolodex, of sorts, to hold mail, photos, etc. Ok, I know some of you are having a slight meltdown that I altered books, but the only thing actually altered are the covers, most of which were damaged to start with. The pages are just folded over so if anyone really wanted to read the book they could unfold them and read! I got the books at the library in the "friends of the library" section so the money went toward a good cause. Each book is different and reflects the personality of the person it's going to.


I used the "Positive Thoughts" stamp set for the sentiment above the bird. As luck would have it there was one set still left when I last checked. The bird and branch are from a Spellbinders Die and the flower on the bottom was cut using the Flower Shoppe Cricut cartridge.


There are lots of embellishments on the book that you may not be able to see too well. My computer is not working so I have to borrow one and my photos are what they are. If you have any old and/or damaged books around, this is a great way to recycle!

(not my idea, got it from youtube)

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Lynn!! I love the way you decorated it!! What a fabulous and creative project!! Happy Thursday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete