Monday, August 1, 2011

Scrappy card


Becky at Squirly Girl Creations is having a challenge on her blog and I thought I'd give it a try. You have to only use scraps and you have to use a K Andrew Designs stamp. No problem there, I have plenty of scraps and love Kristal's stamps.

The paper is mostly from DCWV. I know the pink looks big but there are actually things cut out of it behind the flowered piece. The pink strip across the card is a piece of watercolor scrap that I inked with MS ink. I did the weaving and then cut it out with a spellbinder die. It shifted a little when I cut so the right side is a little messed up and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. I may add some Stickles around it to cover the mistake. (If anybody has any other suggestions I'll take them.) I rounded the corners with my corner chomper (yes, one is different - on purpose). The stamp is from Kristal's Positive Thoughts set. Head over to Becky's blog if you want to play too!

2 comments:

  1. Lynn, I love your card the colors are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in on my challenge :) I love to see what others create! Keep watching for another challenge when this one is finished. Thanks for liking me on FB too :)
    Hugs
    Becky
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card!! Love the rocket boy card too!! adorable! THank you for the nice comment on my blog! Im a new follower-
    kacee
    youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete