Sunday, June 5, 2011

Vintage wallpaper


This card was inspired by the vintage wallpaper on the Capadia Designs blog. The card is simple (my usual) but kept to the idea of the challenge which was to make something inspired by one of the papers. I chose to use the last wallpaper of the several designs she showed. I used the Pagoda cartridge and cut the temple out at 3.5". The bamboo was cut at 3.75" and the flowers were cut at .75". I used Tim Holtz distress ink in Vintage Photo on a sponge and dragged it across the background paper to mimic the lines in the background of the wallpaper. It doesn't show much in the picture. All of the paper is from a scrap bag I got from Michaels. The centers of the flowers are Viva Decor pearl paint. The bamboo is glued flat against the card as is the lowest flower. The temple is raised with Martha Stewart pop dots and the other 2 flowers are glued directly on it. I'm not sure who did the stamp, but I stamped it with more distress ink.

1 comment: